Plastic Reeled Elastic Pipe-lay system (PREP)
Ecosse Subsea Systems’ Plastic Reeled Elastic Pipe-lay system is a modular system designed for up to 8″ pipe in max. 150m of water. This system provides a more tailored solution for shallow water pipe-lay projects.
PREP utilises the elastic properties of pipes, allowing pipe to be laid from smaller, more readily available vessels thus achieving considerable cost savings.
Plastic Reeled Elastic Pipe-lay Key Benefits:
- Economic pipe-lay on a project by project basis
- Fits smaller vessels than competitors’ systems
- Allows the undertaking of construction projects where core scope is rigid pipe-lay
- PREP uses standard flex lay components for quick mobilisation
- Good match with Olympic Spoolbase
- System can lay umbilical and flexible pipelines
- Compatible on back deck with SCAR Subsea Trenching System
- PREP eliminates the requirement for a fleeting tower – the spooling device fleets using the elastic properties of pipe
- This low risk system induces only two strain cycles and therefore a lower grade pipe can be utilised
- Multiple small reels can be carried to increase volume capacity and maximise cost efficiency
- Adaptable with larger vessels PREP can lay 8” pipe in deeper water or with a larger reel can lay 10” or even 12” pipe